Friday, October 24, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 24- Tackle a Project


So... my headboard. It's not the best picture ever, but I'm pretty excited about it. This is what it looked like when we got it.
 It's not the worst thing in the world, but since I prefer cozy and warm to sleek and modern, I decided something needed to be done about it.

Since we happen to work at/live right next to our church, I happened upon an old kneeling prayer bench that hadn't been used for years. They planned to just get rid of it, so I claimed it, and with the hubby's help, cut that baby up, stapled some zip ties to it, and zip tied it to the rails of the headboard. Simple as that! All in all, I think it took two afternoons, and if you look close, you can see where some of our cuts aren't even, all the little things like that. But really, who looks that close anyway? If they do, they're too picky!

Not bad for a couple hour project, right? Get creative, grab that staple gun, and get going!


No comments:

Post a Comment