Saturday, October 18, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 18- Know When to Invest

Okay, so I'm cheating today. This advice may not be cheap or free.

But there is something to be said for investment pieces. When you have something you love that you know you will use, wise investments aren't always a bad thing.

I love this picture hanging on my wall. When we were newly married, a friend of mine took this photo and posted it online. I loved it and asked for a copy, and immediately went to have it framed. Naive little me didn't understand the costs involved in custom framing, and ended up 'investing' more in the frame than in all my other artwork combined (plus my sofa!). I hadn't planned on investing, but I did... and I don't regret it.

I love it every time I look at it... print, frame, and all! And that's worth something. How much, I leave up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment