Thursday, October 9, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 9-It's Not Permanent

Little bright, eh?

It looks a little better in context:
... but it's still pretty darn bright.

That's what comes from trying to 'mix it up' like I talked about the other day. A few months ago, I looked around my living room and saw that just about everything was some shade of brown/rust. I decided I needed some colour, and the next week, this rug appeared on Freecycle. It's wool- and it was free- you know I jumped at that!

So, here it's sat for a few months, and you know what, I don't love it.

I've learned:
  • It's a little too bright.
  • A wool rug is hard to clean, especially when small children spill food, or husbands spill tea and coffee!


I've also learned: 
  • I really like a rug in this space.
  • It's cozy for my toes.
  • I do like that the room isn't all brown now. 
  • I don't want to spend money on a wool rug.

And I learned all of that for free!!

So, when I find another rug for cheap or free... I can change it! I can pass this on to someone who wants it, and I can find something that works better for our space. But it was worth a shot, and I'm glad I did it.

Do you have a question about something in your house? Experiment. Try it for a while. If it's free (or cheap), you won't lose much in the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment