Little bright, eh?
It looks a little better in context:
... but it's still pretty darn bright.
That's what comes from trying to 'mix it up' like I talked about the other day. A few months ago, I looked around my living room and saw that just about everything was some shade of brown/rust. I decided I needed some colour, and the next week, this rug appeared on Freecycle. It's wool- and it was free- you know I jumped at that!
So, here it's sat for a few months, and you know what, I don't love it.
- It's a little too bright.
- A wool rug is hard to clean, especially when small children spill food, or husbands spill tea and coffee!
I've also learned:
- I really like a rug in this space.
- It's cozy for my toes.
- I do like that the room isn't all brown now.
- I don't want to spend money on a wool rug.
And I learned all of that for free!!
So, when I find another rug for cheap or free... I can change it! I can pass this on to someone who wants it, and I can find something that works better for our space. But it was worth a shot, and I'm glad I did it.
Do you have a question about something in your house? Experiment. Try it for a while. If it's free (or cheap), you won't lose much in the process!