Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 3- Repurposing on Purpose


Do you like my yarn basket? Thanks--I thought you would!

Wanna know a secret?

It's a bike basket. From my friends bike. I broke it.

Those of you who've been with me for a while know that I've not had the best experiences with bicycling in London. But I didn't give up... oh no! I tried again.... three times. Each time ended poorly. Chains fell off, handlebars loosened and turned randomly, and once, I ran into the curb and pretty much face-planted into a fence. It was in this last episode that I broke said bike basket. After replacing it with an identical one (so my friend wouldn't know), I had a beat up, but still usable basket. So... I used it! (You can see evidence of the damage on the top edge of the basket.)

But its usable! That's the key!

Maybe you have some stationary boxes that can go in the bathroom to organise toiletries.
Perhaps you have an old chair that you could use as a nightstand.

Think outside the box. Look around your house. See what's lurking in the dark corners, just waiting to be rescued and brought into the light!

Don't be afraid to pull things out of their original rooms- even out of furniture sets. Give it a second lease on life in a new place- and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment