Tuesday, October 21, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 21- Hunt for Odds and Ends

So usually when you hunt for something on Freecycle (or Craigslist), you know you're going to get little imperfections. Often that means you end up investing some money to make it workable.

And sometimes, if you're very very patient.... you get everything you need!
A friend of mine picked up this chest of drawers from the side of the road. (LOVE that I have such awesome friends who know me!) But it had only one drawer pull it good condition. Two were completely missing. So we 'jimmy-rigged' it for a while and made it work.

Then... about six months later, I saw a post for a free set of drawer pulls! A whole set! And they were antique, the right size, and easy to install! You bet I jumped all over it, and surprised my hubby that night with fully-functional access to his sock drawer!

Sometimes if you wait a bit, you'll find something that works better than you expected.

.... and yes, I understand its a silly little thing. But sometimes, it's the little things that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment