Sunday, October 19, 2014

31 Day of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 19- Use Mother Nature

Autumn is the perfect time to use mother nature to its fullest advantage. Harvest-time, Thanksgiving.... all lend themselves to twiggy branches and colourful leaves... inside and out. Go with it!

I added some bits last autumn, and found I liked them so much, I just kept them all year.
These glittery leaves were the result of some cheap glue and a leftover jar of sparkles. Some lasted better than others, but I love them!

You don't want to get me started on having sticks in my house! I'm seriously such a fan! This birch had been planted lining a street and sadly hit by a ill-measured parking car. I was lying pitifully on the ground, doomed for the dump, and I rescued it from its fate! It's quite happy sitting in my corner.

In my last house, I use a stick as a curtain rail (wish I had pics)! It took some time and sanding, but worked quite well and added an organic element to the room! Seriously fun... and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment