Friday, September 19, 2014

#LFW14

For those who were wondering, that stands for London Fashion Week 2014.
This world-renowned event, which I've heard about from across the pond, was apparently on last week. A few banners and ads aside, most Londoners had no idea it was happening. But I decided to walk down to Kenwood House to see what the hubbub was all about. (And I promise, this is my first, and last, fashion post. This won't become a regular habit!)

Of course, I didn't plan to pay the exorbitant prices to get a seat to any shows or exhibition, but it wasn't needed. The crowds standing around hoping to be seen were enough. Don't let the labels fool you- "street style" is as manicured and preened look as any runway fashion. And they are by no means normal. At least, I sure hope not!
I think the girl on the far right looks a bit British Jersey Shore, don't you agree?

Apparently, this lady with the slicked back hair is on Made in Chelsea- a reality show that really does seem like the UK's Jersey Shore!


Some cool cats taking in the scene.....

Apparently, the lady on the right didn't get the notice that its Fashion Week, NOT the Royal Ascot!

These two showed up together, and were pulling off the retro thing pretty well.... ish.

Why yes, that is a latex dress, why do you ask?

Apparently, the lady in blue in the middle is famous. I had no idea why, but I took a picture, then Googled when I got back home. Jourdan Dunn- a British model. Who knew?!

A couple dapper looking gents!

And this was actually one of my favourite looks of the day! Of course over the top- what would you expect?! But at least it coordinates and looks kind of attractive!

And of course, one has to take the obligatory selfie, right? Okay maybe it was just the vanity floating around in the air making my head a little crazy.

My ego was a little puffed when a couple people there asked to take my picture. But it was duly squashed when those pictures were never posted or tagged anywhere. I even saw some photos where I'd been cropped out of the background. Ouch!

So, I went, I saw. I watched people see and be seen. And while there's a buzz in the air, cameras flashing, and beautiful (and frightening) people milling about... it was empty. Most people were alone, or in giggling gaggles of girls (ooh, like that alliteration?!). Phones and cameras dominated faces, and 'style' and labels out-shadowed real beauty. A fun place to visit for an hour or too, but I wouldn't want to live there.













No comments:

Post a Comment