Monday, October 20, 2014

31 Days of Cheap & Free Decor: Day 20- A Bit of Black

Someone somewhere said, "Every room needs a bit of black." No idea who... the internet attributes it to several grand designers, a few grandmas, and miscellaneous inspired bloggers.

Well whoever it was is right. A bit of black grounds a room, gives it cohesion and a bit of solid-ness. If you feel like a room is a bit blah, or just lacking... add some black. A couple pillows, a rug, maybe paint a piece of furniture, or even a wall, like I did in my last flat. (I SO wish I'd kept a picture of it!) I seriously LOVED my black wall. We currently live in church property, and the committee is a bit too scared to trust it to me again, but I had friends in shock when I mentioned my black wall... though they'd sat in front of it for months! It's awesome!

Like this picture from Pinterest that has lost its original source. (Not my home or photo. Internet world, please don't hate me for using it!) It's not dark and depressing! Its cosy and wonderful!

Here, with no black walls, I've contented myself to painting a small cupboard. It's not big, but it does the job. And it worked with what I had... which made it free.
I have my 'bit of black.'


No comments:

Post a Comment